Tuesday 23 August 2011

Before diagnosis..

life before the diagnosis,

i don't know where to start really, i guess the beginning however i don't really remember much when i was little so according to my mum every day i would wake up and be in pain, one part of my body or another would hurt. she says that i never slept well and used to wake up in the middle of the night crying because the pain was bad. i remember telling her numerous of times that i felt old, i guess this is because my muscles would ache and i thought that is what old people would have rather than me.

we have gone to numerous of consultants and physios and i have had acupuncture, reflexology and even been to see a osteopath, none of these seemed to help the pain they used to try and help me for a month or so and be sent for MRI scans, blood tests and every other test they wanted to give me. however they usually came back as nothing being wrong.

i have been diagnosed with so many other things, sciatica, one leg longer than the other, twisted pelvis,chronic fatigue syndrome (which is apparently closely linked) even the last diagnosis was arthritis. (im sure there was others as well  but i cant seem to remember)

 Then when i came to university and going to the doctors here and then finally getting somewhere was the best feeling.
i remember that school was terrible, i used to have numerous days of from school, due to not being able to move, ( im sure everybody used to think i was faking) i used to get so behind on school work and when i went back i would be lost as i didn't know what they were doing. however i made it through my g.c.s.e.s, and after that i had a year out because i was knackered and could cope with doing my A Levels, so after my year out i went to college where i did well and made it into university. where i am now successfully studying forensic science, i do miss quiet a lot of days but i have a great support team of friends and lecturers who help me through. i passed two of my modules this year, and unfortunately failed two but only just (so i have done my resists in them)

so i guess before i was diagnosis life was hard and it was all down to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment